Black Mold Facts
Black Mold FactsIt would be almost impossible to encounter one person who hasn’t experienced black mold. Mildews and black molds are problematic on a daily basis. Mold develops on virtually everything and spreads quite quickly. Various kinds of molds and mildews are encountered naturally in our environment. They also develop freely on deceased mammals and other organic matter. Molds gather their nutritional sustenance from organic substances and digest complex molecules into less complicated structures.
When mold develops and multiplies, it digests deceased mammals, thrown out food, and other organic materials. The reason food starts to give of an awful smell, whether wrapped up or not, is due to mold development.
If mold isn’t found in the beginning stages inside your home, it can create quite an issue. Black mold is a particular variety of mold commonly found in nature. Poisonous or toxic black mold which develops inside your home can eventually bring about an assortment of health issues. Do you know why black mold is toxic? This article will provide you with that knowledge.
Stachybotrys atra and Stachybotrys chartarum are referred to as Stachybotrys or poisonous/toxic black mold. The coloring of this particular mold develops in varying shades of black mixed with a little green and is part of the fungi family. Stachybotrys is encountered throughout the entire planet. Black mold tends to develop in substances with elevated cellulose composition such as dust, newspapers and magazines, and certain plant fibers like hay. Black mold can also be encountered on sheetrock, particle board, and additional construction items that are comprised of elevated percentages of cellulose and nitrogen.
Moisture and dampness is primary environmental element for black mold. When cellulose rich materials become water-logged and retain the dampness for an extended period of time, black mold cultivates on these materials. They generate spores and develop in multitudes quite quickly. The perfect climate for Stachybotrys to cultivate is between the Celsius temperatures of two to forty degrees. Do your best to remove all moisture when you are tying to get rid of this particular kind of mold.Now, why is Stachybotrys poisonous? This type of mold generates mycotoxins as a result of a metabolic process. Elements of the environment like temperature, dampness, and nutritional factors, all play a role in the generation of toxins. Being exposed to toxic mold can be dangerous to your physical well-being. Some symptoms you might develop if exposed to toxic mold are nose congestion, coughing, itchy eyes, raw throat, stomach pains, headaches, and skin inflammation. Other symptoms may be similar to those you would experience if you had the flu, including body aches and fevers.
If you just have ordinary black mold in your home and you aren’t experiencing any of the symptoms related to toxic black mold, natural mold products can be used and will work effectively to rid your home of mold.
By: Bradley Skierkowski