I Spy Mold

From Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

I Spy Mold

When one define mold, a couple of things need to be gone over. First, mold is a type of fungus that develops on plants and in moist places. Usually you will encounter mold that isn’t dangerous, but there are some molds that can be potentially life-threatening. Common symptoms are those similar to what you experience with allergies, a cold, or even the flu. There are times, though; that symptoms are worse and breathing problems can occur.

Many of us won’t even sense mold in our home until the problem has been magnified. What could have been easily taken care of if detected at an earlier stage has now ruined areas of your home, costing you thousands of dollars in repairs. Cleaning your home regularly and knowing where to look for mold will keep mold from damaging your home and quite possibly your health.

Molds are so tiny that they can’t be seen with the naked eye. They are organisms which exist in damp areas with high humidity. They seem to flourish in areas lacking natural light. They exist off of organic substances and water. Normally, mold that is cultivated in your home is the result of destruction done by water or leaky pipes throughout your home which are clearly visible. Any water that sprays and drips on a regular basis can foster an environment suitable for a mold development. Mold also decomposes various materials used for constructing a home, like sheetrock.

Mold cultivates in areas where there is a lot of moisture. The climate in which the mold happens to be is also a determining factor in how quickly mold spreads; this accompanied with the organic materials that are present in the area. Mold requires a damp setting and minimal light.

Mold isn’t all bad; we wouldn’t be able to enjoy some of the most delicious cheeses without it, and then you have the invention of penicillin. But no one wants to open their refrigerator and pull out moldy food. A shower isn’t so relaxing with black mold growing in between the grout of the tiles. Some people are allergic to mold just as they are to dust and feathers. Mold spores are so tiny that we can easily breathe them in. Those that are allergic to mold may wheeze and cough when exposed to moldy materials or surroundings.

Natural products can be used to get rid of mold and they are safe to the environment and you as well.

By: Bradley Skierkowski