Mold Common Facts

From Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Mold Common Facts

Mold is a common fungus. Outdoor mold helps decompose organic products and provides essential minerals to the eco-system. Outdoors, a lot of molds do help the environment. It is indoors where they mostly cause the worst havoc. When they become spores and reproduce they take over everything like their outdoor counterparts. However, indoors they use furniture, clothes, wood, and many other things as nutrients, all the while destroying your belongings. It is when mold spores multiply that people begin to have reactions from them. There can be the same amount of mold spores outdoors as you have indoors. Of course, outside spores have room and aren’t in spaces the size of a room. Indoors the same amount of spores can be there, but because of the small space, more damage will be done to the home and toxins can bring about breathing problems like asthma, allergic reactions like a runny nose or sneezing and can cause people to feel really miserable.
bathroom mold

You can control the mold. Mold needs humidity and moisture to activate. If there is no moisture, then there will be mold. It is tricky though to make sure you have low humidity in your home. Sometimes it is best to get a humidity sensor. It should read no more than 55% since after that a little water and the mold will really multiply. Check your air conditioning and heating systems as well. At times, they could be concealing moisture and it could be hard to see.

Some signs of mold might be a smell. A musty smell could mean mold is present but it may only be a small amount and should be checked out immediately so a bigger problem doesn’t arise. If a family member starts having breathing problems or sinusitis that is usually a sign of mold especially if several people in the same home are suffering from them. A study was done a few years ago monitoring the number of sinusitis cases in a certain area and 37 million people were suffering from infections brought on by mold.

Even worse is black mold. It can be toxic and cause things like problems concentrating, dizziness, severe headaches, and even your attention span can be affected. These black molds should be taken very seriously to prevent health problems.

By: Bradley Skierkowski