Mold Takes over Homes
Mold Takes over HomesFungi of all kinds that are formed in a filament formation are called mold. Mold can not be seen unless there is an incredible amount of it. This is then called a colony and is plainly visible. These types of mold are divided into two classes; mycelium and hyphea. Most often these classes of mold cultivate in the spore composition. Some molds are labeled as mildew. We’ve all smelled that odor and seen the destruction it brings about, especially on clothing. It is virtually impossible to remove from clothing once it has set in.
Mold gets its nutrition by breaking organic substances consisting of hydrocarbons down into a less complex arrangement. Unfortunately some of these molds are toxic and cause severe health problems like the toxic black mold.
Molds are living matter and need nourishment. Organic materials from outside can grow on leaves, wood, and carcasses of dead animals. Inside your home it can grow on particularly anything. Things like your carpets, drapes, ceilings, clothes, and furniture are at the top of the list. Although molds need their food they also need certain things to enhance their growth like temperature, humidity, and a light source. Without moisture molds will not grow. A damp bathroom wall or cellar wall is just what the doctor ordered for these molds. Different kinds of molds need different levels of moisture to grow.
You can find spores from mold everywhere. They can even remain non-active for a long time – up to years. Mold spores accumulate and if the environment is conducive to growth as with light, moisture, etc., the mold will start to grow what is called mycelium, the core of the mold. Fungi have this same filament and when they have grown awhile spores form. Mature spores released from the mycelium and they are dispersed through the air on clothes, dust particles, and insects. Once the number of spores reaches a high number people begin to suffer symptoms like a runny nose, cough, or flu symptoms.
By: Bradley Skierkowski